Role of the Board
The Board of Directors for Therapeutic Dog Services Inc. is a “Working Board”. Members contribute their “time, talents and treasures” through their support of Board activities and events. Members are encouraged to positively promote the organisation within the community to prospective volunteers, clients and donors.
Board of Directors Expectations
- Contribute financially by paying Board dues. (Board members should contribute an amount that they feel is significant for them.)
- Attend Board meetings in person or via conference call. (Board meetings are held on the last Monday of every month at 1pm.)
- Make a serious commitment to willingly and actively participate in Board work.
- Understand the vision, strategy and shared values of the organisation, and be an advocate for the organisation.
- Stay informed about Board matters, prepare well for meetings, and review and comment on minutes and reports.
- Participate in creation of annual and long-term goals, strategies, and plans for the organisation.
- Get to know other Board members and build a working relationship that contributes to effective teamwork.
- Have a working knowledge of the organisation and its programming.
- Participate in fundraising for the organisation.
- Participate in board and volunteer recruitment for the organisation.
- Participate and/or attend Therapeutic Dog Services sponsored events.
- Recruit attendees for Therapeutic Dog Services sponsored events.